Basically she has Gram positive Staph (not a huge deal and generally overlooked) and A Strep. The A Strep is the problem. I've emailed the culture report to the nurse at the NIH and to Macey's immunologist at Egleston. I'm waiting to hear if they want to treat the culture (which generally says Macey's had a chronic sinus infection vs an acute sinus infection). Also I'm really hoping this does not make NIH put us off. Having an active infection could jeopardize her participation in the study. Also flying with an active upper airway infection could be risky.
We really need prayers that this isn't going to delay treatment and that Macey can fly with this type of infection. Also prayers that someone will get back with me SOON so that I can calm my nerves and know what we're doing.
I think it all wouldn't be an issue if she had not been fighting a headache every day for the last 2 weeks or debilitating fatigue or if the immunologist had not already told us she was having problems with congestion in her sinuses during her last clinic appointment. Proactively I am going to start Macey back on her nose spray tonight and probably (if I can talk her into it) starting back on her Rhinoflow irrigations.