The GI doctor at NIH did request to have the last biopsy slides sent from her colonoscopy in December. So the next day I called the ped GI 's office and also forwarded the email that NIH sent me with the request.
After not hearing anything at the end of the week I emailed NIH and asked if they had received the slides. A prompt response back told me that no they had not. I called and left another message at the ped GI and within 30 minutes the NIH nurse emailed me that the GI's PA had called to verify a delivery address and was getting it done. The lab committee will meet again on Thursday and the study nurse should be able to let me know something then. If accepted the GI at NIH will tell her what tests he wants and then she will send Macey's file to the case manager who will work with us on a date to come in.
So Thursday at 1pm they will be meeting and I hope to have an email or phone call by late that afternoon.
Meanwhile Macey took a leap of faith this weekend and participated in a pageant. She very much enjoyed herself and showed alot of confidence.
She had a great time and wants to do another one soon. I am glad she had that opportunity especially if some new treatment is about to begin.