Earlier this morning I received a call (which I missed) and an email from the study nurse at the NIH. She said that she had everything she needed to "present" Macey at the lab meeting this afternoon at 1 pm. Except a recent H&P.
H&P stands for history and physical. This is a note from a doctor that covers the past happenings with a patient, the surgical history and family medical history. Then it goes through each body system (ie. neuro, GU, GI, respiratory, ortho) and talks about everything being "within normal limits" or whatever is abnormal in that area.
These are usually done when a procedure is happening or a patient enters the hospital. So we're hoping that the Immunologist can get one to the NIH to help with the case being given. The study nurse said that if it doesn't make it there in time for the meeting that she will go ahead with Macey's case and follow up with the H&P at another meeting.
So it's almost 3 pm now and I hope to hear something later today or in the morning.